Thursday, June 28, 2012

B : Blogland Tour

Today's topic is 




B : Blogland Tour : A Tour of Some of Your Favorite Quilting Blogs that could be Motivating


Who could be a more appropriate person but the one who has a listing of over 5,700 blogs from 79 countries!!! Please welcome, Michele aka Mishka of Quilting Gallery.


And all those who have a blog please add your blogs to the linky below so that people can come and visit your blog!







Hi everyone,

Thanks so much Shruti for having me as today’s guest. I’m thrilled to take your readers on a blogland tour of some of my favourite “modern” bloggers. I’m Michele Foster creator of the Quilting Gallery web site.

On my site, you’ll find the Quilting Bloggers Directory which contains more than 5,700 quilting-related blogs from 79 countries. I started the Directory in May 2008 as a way to bring quilters together from all over the world. You can find quilters by country and US state or Canadian province/territory. There are 8 bloggers from India .



Quilting bloggers are the most generous and creative souls you’ll ever have the pleasure of visiting. Personally, I follow close to 500 blogs on a regular basis. No, I can’t possibly read them all, but I do skim them to see what’s new in their little corner of the world. I work from home, so this is usually how I spend my lunch time… visiting with quilting friends.

Around the quilting blogosphere you’ll find all sorts of fun events and projects that you can participate in. Many are free and some charge a small fee. These include: Swaps, Challenges, Blog Hops/Tours, Quilt-Alongs, Block of the Months/Weeks, and more. I host various events on my site too; I invite you to  subscribe to my newsletter to find out the latest FUN.

January always marks the start of many new fun quilting projects. Some lasting the entire year, and others are shorter. I’ll be compiling a master list of these events and posting it on my site later this month.

I hope you’ll spend some time making new friends in the quilting world through their blogs. I promise you’ll be amazed and inspired by the wonderful creativity out there. To help you get started, I’m sharing 10 of my favourite “Modern” bloggers with you below. All photos used with permission from each blogger. Enjoy!

Melissa – Sew Bitter Sweet Designs
Flying Geese with Easy Star : Geese Ruler








Heather – Olive Ollie
Sewing Machine Cover





Lee – Freshly Pieced
Hexing Around Block






 
Melissa - Lilac Lane
Basics of Quilting Series(this is a must-read for all quilters!)







Ashley – Film in the Fridge
Rectangle Squared(the tutorial is Ashley’s but the photo is of my Happy Memories quilt that I made in memory of my three cats.






Faith – Fresh Lemon
Kaleidoscopic Kites






Julie - JayBird Quilts
Binding Basics – an excellent series on binding your quilts




Jenna – Sew Happy Geek
Cheating Zig Zag Mug Rug







Erin Russek – One Piece at a Time
My Tweets BOM – while some might argue that appliqué isn’t a “modern” technique, I love Erin’s fresh and modern approach to the technique. Her free BOMs are fantastic. 




Samelia’s Mum
Mug Rug Tutorial







Thanks again Shruti. Happy blog hopping!
Michele (aka Mishka)
Quilting Gallery
Join the FUN on Facebook 

If you want to add your blog to the list, add it in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment